What do we do?
Saint Louis Pain Consultants is a pain management center with two locations in Chesterfield, MO and Maryville, IL.
Interventional pain management is a medical subspecialty which treats pain with interventions that interrupt the flow of pain signals along specific nervous system pathways, neuroaugmentation, and implantable drug delivery systems.
Anne Christopher, M.D.
Dr. Anne Christopher is a sub-specialty board-certified physician in pain management and the medical director of St. Louis Pain Consultants. As a pain management provider, her goal is to minimize disruption in life caused by pain and return patients to maximal function. She uses a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to provide individualized treatment plans for her patients suffering chronic pain.
Before deciding to study medicine at Saint Louis University, Dr. Christopher was pursuing a career with a professional ballet company. At the age of 20, she unfortunately suffered a hip injury that forced her to retire and leave the ballet world. When she lost her dream of being a professional ballerina, she was led to the realization that she wanted to help others whose life significantly changed due to injury. Whatever activity pain is preventing a patient from, Dr. Christopher strives to help them restore function in order to do what brings them joy. Whether they want to be able to play a sport again, pick up their grandchildren, or simply make it to the mailbox without pain, Dr. Christopher strives to help her patients reach their pain management goals.
The team assembled at St. Louis Pain Consultants is designed to help patients in a holistic way, addressing their clinical, procedural, and surgical needs. Dr. Christopher finds that patients have the most success when they apply long-term treatment strategies with interventional pain management techniques. Not only does she provide patients with short-term pain relief but also helps them develop lifestyle changes that will sustain that relief in the long-term.
- Saint Louis University Medical School
- Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital—Internship
- Northwestern University—Residency
- Virginia Commonwealth—Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
- International Spine Intervention Society
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- International Association for Dance Medicine and Science
- American Academy of Pain Management
Jihan Clay, PA-C
Jihan Clay is a NCCPA certified Physician Assistant at St. Louis Pain Consultants. Jihan is licensed in Missouri and Illinois and has practiced pain management in both St. Louis Metro area and Chicago during her career. She treats patients who have acute and chronic pain by assessing and formulating treatment plans for them. These plans include interventional techniques along with medication management.
Jihan’s goal is to build relationships with patients in order to comfort them in their pain management journey. Working alongside Dr. Christopher, Jihan treats patients in clinic and ensures they’re meeting their pain and function goals with their treatment plan.
- Howard University—Bachelors of Science
- University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley—Masters in Physician Assistant Studies
- National Commission On Certification Of Physician Assistants
Hayden Franz, D.O.
Dr Franz was born in Manhattan Kansas and obtained a Bachelors of Arts degree in exercise science from Kansas State University. He attended medical school at Kansas City University college of osteopathic medicine. He completed residency training in PM&R at the University of Kansas and fellowship in interventional pain medicine at the University of Michigan.
Working alongside Dr. Christopher and Jihan, Hayden aims to reduce the physical, financial, and emotional costs of acute/chronic pain. While restoring maximal activity level/function and improving quality of life for patients.
- Kansas State University—Bachelors of Arts
- Kansas City University—Medical School
- University of Kansas—Residency training in Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- University of Michigan—Fellowship training in Pain Management
- Board certified in Physical medicine and rehabilitation